This application is used to find your National Insurance Number. Your National Insurance Number in unique to you and cannot be changed. Please note cards are no longer issued and where replaced with an official HMRC letter.
- Use this application if you have lost or forgotten your National Insurance Number
- You must be over the age of 16 to use our service.
- You must be currently living in the UK. We can only send our replacement packs to a UK address.
- Use this application if you need your National Insurance Number confirmed in writing from the HMRC
- Use this application if you need to tell the HMRC about a change to your personal details
When To Use This Application
This application is used to recover your original National Insurance Number. Our service fee is £30.00, which includes the printing of your replacement documents and postage costs. Please visit our services page for more benefits. Your National Insurance Number in unique to you and cannot be changed, you cannot apply for a brand new one.
You can also use this application if your personal details have changed. There are relevant sections to change your address, first name, last name and marital status. If your personal details change you must let the HMRC know.
An application pack will arrive in the post within 2-3 working days after you have submitted your replacement application. You must sign the document when it arrives and send it to the HMRC in the pre-paid envelope provided. The application pack will include your printed replacement forms and a prepaid envelope for your signed documents to be sent to the HMRC. All applications are checked for omissions and errors before processing. It can take 3-6 weeks for your National Insurance Number to arrive after sending your signed replacement documents in the post.